The Prayer is presented in the show “Neurons, Simulated Intelligence”, at Centre Pompidou, Paris, curated by Frédéric Migayrou and Camille Lenglois from 26 February – 26 April 2020.
The Prayer is an art-installation that tries to explore the supernatural through artificial intelligence with a long-term experimental set up. A robot – installation operates a talking mouth, that is part of a computer system, creating and voicing prayers, that are generated in every very moment by the self-learning system itself, exploring ‘the divine’ the supernatural or ‘the noumenal’ as the mystery of ‘the unknown’, using deep learning. Continue reading “the prayer / diemut strebe. 2020”
de-coll/age actions to change the environment.
wuppertal/germany, 1954. overnight or during the day a familiar spot of the city is consciously & spontaneously changed, using any means at one/s disposal.
- put 100 human & animal skeletons in the wupper river, also raw meat & intestines, without explanation.
- color the wupper red.
- generate & spread smell where otherwise there would be no smell.
- write any text where there wouldn/t be anything written otherwise.
- all passengers on the suspension railway are given binoculars.
- a group of naked women run across a public place.
- the suspension railway stops at random intervals.
- all of a sudden 100 washing machines stand in a public place.
- all automobiles are covered with black cloth.
- a sprinkler system is installed in one street.
- streetcars drive through town with their windows boarded up.
- every cop gives information about his past.
- daily newspapers hit the stands completely white.
- people dressed in yellow stand in the middle of a busy place.
- blood is running endlessly down the front of a house.
- hand-cuffed people sit in a high class restaurant.
- all christians wear a wooden cross sewn to their clothes.
- an express train is coupled with cattle cars.
- people stand in front of a bank saying NO.
Wolf Vostell, Miss Vietnam and Texts of Other Happenings,
translated by Carl Weissner
The Nova Broadcast Press, San Francisco 1968, p. 6.
Sun in your head _
Television Decollage & Morning Glory _
(Published by 3rd Rail Gallery, New York, 1963, pp. 40, cm 15 x 10,5)
A differenza delle galline, le mucche sono tra quegli animali da fattoria di cui si parla molto bene, fino al punto dall’essere venerate in vari paesi del mondo.
Tuttavia, alcune delle loro caratteristiche non sono conosciute da molti. C’è anche da dire che questi bellissimi animali hanno la capacità di instaurare relazioni di amicizia con altri esemplari delle loro specie, per cui è comune vederle nella fattoria con un ridotto gruppo di compagne. Inoltre, come i cani, anche le mucche hanno una memoria impressionante, che permette loro di imparare il proprio nome e rispondere ai richiami.
failure pieces: this envelope contained a work of art of j.v. which he sent me to be published. i lost it, 1974, coll. g.j. de rook